Friday, April 6, 2012

'Wanted: Dead or Undead' by Angela Scott


Reviewed by Lindsey



As you know, I have been mourning the end of my Walking Dead program. I have a love/hate feeling towards Zombie's. I love that they are scary. You must run or they will hurt you. I hate they are disgusting cannibals...yet...never boring. .

Trace Monroe doesn’t believe in luck. He never has. But when a fiery-headed cowgirl saunters through the saloon doors, wielding shotguns and a know-how for killing the living dead, he believes he just may be the luckiest man alive.
Trace wants to join Red’s posse, but she prefers to work alone—less messy that way. In order to become her travelling companion, Trace has to agree to her terms: no names, no questions, and if he gets bit, he can’t beg for mercy when she severs his brain stem.
He agrees, knowing only that Red is the sharpest shooter he’s ever encountered. The fact she’s stunning hasn’t escaped his attention either.
What he doesn’t know, is that Red has a very good reason to be on top of her game. She not only has the answer for how they can all outlive the plague taking over the wild, wild west, she IS the answer.
                                                                                                                                (Amazon description
)


It's the Wild West meets Walking Dead. It's non-stop action. I had no clue a book could provide the same thrill as watching people run from these...creatures. I found myself yelling, "Run you stupid boy!!"..It is that exciting.

The ,"fiery-red cowgirl" is a Zombie killer so to speak. She has lost everything and unique abilities that keep her alive. The Cowboy teams up with her, not for the right reasons, and further characters join.

Serious excitement folks. I read well into the morn (look at me! Home on the range lingo!)..through breakfast, through dinner. Done. Done...to only find out there is not a number 2 out yet. FireDaddy breathes a sigh of relief.

For you Smoochy Swashbuckling Pirate peeps, there is romance, but not so much that your thanking Sweet Jesus you have a kindle.

Again, what is my  #1 commandment????
"I shall invest in decent cover shall I ever want anyone besides my Mom to read my book".


If you are fortunate to have a spouse who reads ( I am not- yet he cleans so whatever) this is a book all shall enjoy. Kids? Your discretion. I am the worst Mother in the world and frankly if the 10 yr old reads anything I am thrilled...so leave that hall light on, they'll need it.

2 comments:

  1. I love your reviews - they always make me LOL. I hate zombies but I had a dreadful fascination with the Walking Dead show...you make this book sound quite palatable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give it a whirl...way too fun! Thankyou for compliment..;) I have some great ones's coming...I chose 3 books to read and they are all fantastic....these folks are talented I tell you...

    ReplyDelete