Monday, May 14, 2012

THE PENITENT ASSASSIN by Shawn Wickersheim




Guest reviewer: Welcome Anastasia!



5 stars
Dark Fantasy
This is by far the BEST dark fantasy novel I have ever read.

The main character, Mallor, seems like the type of guy you should loathe. But I couldn't help but love him. Mr. Wickersheim developed Mallor perfectly, in that despite the character's many flaws, you just have to stand up and cheer him on. I related to the character, because of Mallor's constant internal struggle to stay off "essence", a drug. I'm a recovering alcoholic and it was wonderful to see a character make it through all the horrible events of the story and not fall prey to the temptation! I cheered out loud each time the character avoided another temptation.

The many twists and layers of the story made me gasp out loud on more than one occasion. I tried my best to figure out the clues, how the ending would go, but couldn't. Then when I got there, all the pieces fell into place. Some things I thought were trivial ended up being vital clues that I simply brushed over. I was surprised but definitely not disappointed by the ending. I'll definitely read this book again and enjoy it just as much the second time around - and even the tenth!

I look forward to reading more from Mr. Wickersheim. With his ability to craft intricate plot layers and three-dimensional characters, all while throwing in some dark humor and fabulous fight scenes, I've become a lifelong fan for sure.

Anastasia V. Pergakis is the author of Cleanse Fire: The Kinir Elite Chronicles Book 1.  Follow the Kinir Elite as they track down a traitor and find more than they bargained for. This military fantasy has edge-of-your-seat action, epic battles, suspense, and a bit of romance too!

To learn more visit:Author Website: http://avpergakis.com
Book Site: http://kinirelite.com

No comments:

Post a Comment