Sunday, April 10, 2011

Introducing the Newest YNTR Member

Hello all, I hope this day finds you reading a good book, sharing it with a friend and already thinking about your next read. I want to introduce myself, my name is Miranda and I am joining the wonderful ranks here at Your Need To Read. I think this fits me well as sometimes my need to read outweighs many other needs. If I am into a book, don’t want to put it down, I will skip meals, stay up way later than normal (i.e. 2am or later) and even pop a movie in so kids will be quiet just so I can finish it. Heck even as I type this my fingers are itching to pick up my Nook and continue on with the current book I am reading. But I promised to sit down and get this little intro post done, so I am.

I love almost all types of writing; though have a special love and affinity for romance, paranormal and thrillers. Which I have read a lot of good ones lately. I will be sharing some of them with you over the upcoming weeks. I have so much planned, you just need to sit back and enjoy the ride. I am also always looking for new authors and books to read, so share with me your current favorite! That is the first challenge to our wonderful followers, leave me a comment, say Hi and share your current favorite book.

Now a bit more about myself, I have two kids, which you will see me refer to as my #kidlets on Twitter, oh want to find me there (MyEclecticBook), I am married to a wonderful man who has devoted his life to this country (20 years of service in the Army so far) and am learning to love cooking. You will find that I hate chores, cleaning, laundry, pretty much anything in the house. Shoo me outdoors and that changes. I love outdoors, my herb garden, my veggie garden, just getting my hands in the dirt. I also love movies and shows, I truly enjoy sitting with the Hubs after the kidlets go to bed and watching #grownuptv. (while I chat on Twitter of course) We are currently watching a marathon of Axmen on the History Channel. Yes I can multitask and yes I am also addicted to Twitter #Iadmitit.

So for now, I think I will sign off, settle in for another episode and give in the itch to pick my Nook back up. I look forward to sharing my thoughts on books with you in the future and bringing some very exciting posts, interviews, and giveaways to you. So go follow me on Twitter, follow YourNeedToReed, and tell all your friends about us!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Miranda!!!

    I'm so glad you informed me about joining this wonderful blog and its authors. Guess good things DO come out of your twitter addiction! :) Now I'm going to be a loyal follower...

    Thank you so much, to you, all the others at "Your Need to Read" Blog! :D

    ~Hira~
    Email: Enamoredsoul(at)gmail(dot)com
    Twitter: @inluvwithbookz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun Miranda! I look forward to what you read next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I married an army man myself, though he was discharged due to an injury, but he went to Afghan right after 9/11. I have the utmost respect for our men and women in uniform, and for their families! I love your personal blog, Miranda, so I know your contribution to this blog will be an added bonus! Can't wait to hear more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi! I am very excited to join the team and have great plans for the blog's future. It means so much that you guys stopped and left a comment, Kelli, Barb and Hira <3 you all and all your support

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. I've been following your tweets for awhile now. I've got to check out your blog now. Imagine my surprise when I looked on my blogger dashboard and you weren't on it. Right now I'm reading a YA novel Human.4 by Mike A. Lancaster. It's good. It's different and I'm liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She~ Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy. I must look into this Human 4 now, haven't heard of it.

    ReplyDelete