Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Play Fling by Amber Scott

Hello everyone! I wanted to share a review of Play Fling by Amber Scott. This post is dedicated to the Indie Book Collective and all their hard work to help Indie Authors. Stay tuned I will be highlighting a book from members of the Collective over the course of the month!

Elliott came around the desk. He shut the door. Locked it.
Brooke’s heart thumped up her throat.
“I think I’ve made a mistake,” Brooke said, amazed her voice didn’t crack. “I think I have to go.”
“Don’t go,” he said again, stepping close.
His words enveloped her. Had she thought his glasses made him irresistible? She’d been wrong. His lashes set off depths so blue, so intense, they might penetrate her soul.
Slowly, he reached up, pushed a lock of hair from her face. His finger ran along her cheek, to her lobe, down her neck and up to her chin. With gentle pressure, he tipped her chin up. Brooke’s hands shook. Her mouth watered. Her mind searched for words and found two: don’t go.
How could she?
His gaze captivated hers. He lowered his head. She closed her eyes. The tremble in her hands spread up her arms, down her legs. Yes. God, yes. Let him kiss her. Let her taste his lips on hers, his breath, his mouth.
“Stay,” he whispered against her lips.
She failed to shake her head, no, she wouldn’t go. He began at her chin, a graze, and in slow succession, breathed and kissed and wet her skin. Kisses. Tantalizing, sensual, tickling. Around her mouth, teasing her. Away again, torture.
Her knees turned to water. She almost whimpered. His mouth found her hungry lips. 
My review of this is it's a must read! I loved the story, the characters, all of it! Amber has created that oh so yummy main man in Elliot...mmm scrumptious with whip cream on top! Millie...oh Millie....what can I say...a smack from reality a bit sooner might have helped her out a bit. I honestly didn't like her till the very end. And Brooke, now that's a gal I think we can all sit back and find in our own lives. A friend, a relative, a Mom to a child in your kids class...etc. She's the type of character that is real to us and that only made the story that much better for me. This is a book I would recommend to all my romance loving friends...especially if you like a little steam, cause yeah Amber Scott can certainly bring on the heat! 5/5 on my rating scale!!

Go grab your copy now!

No comments:

Post a Comment