Monday, August 1, 2011

Toonopolis : Gemini


Good morning everyone! I am so pleased to share the latest book I am reading. I say am reading as I haven't finished it yet, but couldn't wait to share it with you all.
http://www.toonopolis.com/
Special Agent Mimic had a long and glorious track record with the Agency.  When he returned from a failed mission in a coma, the men in charge feared that they would have to replace one of their top agents. Instead, Mimic awoke and told stories of visiting an unbelievable cartoon city called Toonopolis.

Mimic spoke with such conviction that he was able to convince his superiors that he wasn't just a rambling madman and the data he gathered inside the Tooniverse was something that could be used by the Agency. Mimic discovered that Toonopolis was actually a catch-all for all thoughts and ideas of sentient beings.

More importantly, he discovered there was a tenuous link from each thought to its creator that could be severed, incapacitating the creator.  He began Project Gemini as a covert assassination program. Little did he realize that he would be setting in motion a series of events that would jeopardize the stability of the Tooniverse and the minds of all sentient beings in the universe.


I am loving this book so far and am sure it's one that I will share with my oldest son. (in a year or two) As I read this many things come to mind, of books/movies describing the hop into cartoon world. Such as Roger Rabit, Alice in Wonderland, etc, but this book is still able to stand a bit apart from them. With wonderfully written humor this is a book to grab. Although targeted at pre-teen and teenage readers, I think readers of all ages will enjoy this. As I said I have not finished it yet, but don't think I will be disappointed at all. 


I suggest you add this to Your Need To Read pile today! Be on the look out for a guest post from the author himself. We are very excited to be hosting him this week and can't wait to share with you his outlook on some newly revamped cartoons. 


Stay Tuned.

http://www.toonopolis.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment